September 5, 2016

Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf - Days 25-27

Welcome back!  This is the last of this year's Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf Posts.  I hope that you got some great ideas for how to use your Elf to teach your children about the REAL Reason for Christmas.  I also hope that your kids learned a little something throughout the month.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions with any of the set ups.  Let's get on with the last few days of ideas.

DAY 25 - NATIVITY CRAFT
The boys are finally out of school and we need something to do with our time, so Turkey suggested that we make a Nativity out of craft sticks!  It is super easy to do and afterwards, we hung it on our tree.  The boys had a great time!
Displaying Image-1.jpg 
 Here is the sign.
And here is the craft.
 
You can find the instructions to make the craft on the blog What to Expect. It's super simple and didn't take very long to make at all!

DAY 26 - GROUP PICTURE
Turkey's time is coming to a close, so he wanted to document his stay with by taking a picture of his new friends.  This is super simple to set up.  I just used one of the kids' play cameras so that they wouldn't mess with my good one in the morning.
Displaying Image-1.jpg 

DAY 27 - CHRISTMAS EVE
Today is Turkey's last day with us.  Again, Turkey wanted to make sure that all his friends, and my boys, knew what the true meaning of Christmas was so he decided to read the Christmas story to everyone.
Displaying Image-1.jpg 
His sign today talks about how we should have a love for God's word. You can download it here.
 Also, since it was the last day of Turkey being in our house, he also brought this letter from Santa. 
 
You can download a copy of this letter here.  I've left the name off in the download so that you can sign it with your Elf's name if you want.

Of course, we told the boys that they were allowed to touch and hug Turkey before they went to bed so that they could properly say goodbye.  I think it was a success because several times throughout this year following our elf I've heard questions and comments about how they hope he will come back again this year. :)  Little do they know, I've already planned and set up the entire calendar for this year as well!  Keep checking, because I'll be posting this year's Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf Plan 2 soon!

Thank you for taking this journey with me.  I really hope that you can find something useful from these ideas.  Check the links below for the entire plan.  I've attached a Calendar, a Supply List w/ Photos and also a link to all the cards/signs that go along with Plan 1.  Let me know if you have any questions or if you have a comment, please leave it below!  I LOVE to hear from people who read this blog!  Merry Christmas!
------------------------------------------
Check out my other Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf posts to see everything that Turkey did and taught us last year!

Turkey Arrives
Days 1-3
Days 4-6
Days 7-9
Days 10-13
Days 14-16
Days 17-20
Days 21-24
------------------------------------------
To download my entire Plan 1 Elf Calendar click here.  There are 27 different ideas here!
To download the companion document listing all the needed Supplies and Pictures, click here.  
To download all the Cards/Signs that you will need for Plan 1 click here (not including Hello or Goodbye letters). You can also download every sign individually by visiting each post. I hope you get some use out of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment