August 31, 2012

G's Room Redo

So you saw the before of G's bedroom, but in case you missed it, here it is again. All I have is the one picture, so use your imagination. All the walls are the same brown color as the rest of the house when we bought it.
 
G wanted a Cars theme, so we went with it for sure!  Here are a few pictures of the transformation!
 


 
It is striped with Olympic Black Magic on the Bottom, Snowy Mount in the middle and Red Gumball on the top.  I used Olympic Paint and Primer in One for all the paints so that it would take less time.  We have had all the floors refinished, and you can see the new floors in the pictures below.  The stripes were lots of fun, but took forever to tape off, level and paint.  I had to touch up a lot!  G really likes it!
 
And here are some pics of the finished room!
G's full name is on the wall, not just his initial, but has been removed from the pic for security reasons.
The big white blob is a repair from the floor refinishing and I still haven't repainted it. :)



The nightstand is a repurposed bookshelf cube! It has a shelf in the middle that you can't see due to the black paint.  Again, I repainted with a primer for laminate cabinets and the same wall paint from the room! No sanding needed!  Now I just need to add the vinyl stickers like the dresser below!

This is one of my FAVORITE projects that I've done!  I don't have a tutorial on this one either, but it involved a second hand dresser, primer, paint (same colors as the walls), casters and some diamond vinyl stickers.  It is a wooden dresser, NOT a tool chest! But it really adds to the theme of the room!

This was a store bought white wooden letter that I marked off the checkers with a pencil and used the wall paint to paint the theme! It looks great on the wall.

Just like in M's Room, I re-covered the builders switch plates with scrapbooking paper and modge podge! I don't have a tutorial on this, but there is a great one here!

Don't you just love the new floors!?! :)
 
All of the decorations, except the rug came from either a garage sale or craigslist!  I love getting things for little money!!


No comments:

Post a Comment