September 6, 2017

Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf - Plan 2: Days 10-13

Welcome back!  I hope you are getting some great ideas about how to use your Elf to teach Biblical Values to your kid(s).  I know that I really enjoy these small devotionals that we get to have through Turkey.  It's wonderful to see my children grow in their relationship with Christ during this season!

DAY 10 - STORM TROOPER ELF - GOOD CHOICES

Today Turkey dressed up like a storm trooper.  This was super easy to do!
 I printed off the storm trooper mask from another Pinterest Elf blog and then took toilet paper and wrapped up Turkey to make his "suit." I probably used some simple scotch tape to make sure his suit wouldn't fall off, but since he can't be moved anyway, I wasn't really worried about that.

Turkey's letter today talked about making good choices and how important it is that we think about how we act and behave.

DAY 11 - PIN THE NOSE - OBEY YOUR PARENTS

Today's verse is one of my favorites since I've become a parent. Ha! Turkey has recruited some of his friends to play a little game.  It looks like he's having a lot of fun with his new friends too!
Turkey's letter today talks about obeying your parents! He also explains why this verse is so important and how God gave us such an important job as parents. Hopefully this will help the boys to know that we give them instructions to help grow them, not to be mean. One can hope!

 DAY 12 - TURKEY FOUND THE COPY MACHINE - PERSONAL GIFTS

Oh Turkey, you are such a funny elf! We had a lot of fun copying Turkey in different positions.  One of them, we made him Dab, another, he copied his booty and there were a couple more just to make the boys laugh. It worked.
Turkey's letter today talked about giving and sharing the gifts that God has uniquely given us.  Turkey encourages us to use our gifts to bless others and even allowed the boys to brainstorm on what their special gifts are.

 DAY 13 - TURKEY IN THE TUB - CLEAN HEARTS

There are tons of these pictures about Elfs in bathtubs with bubbles or marshmallows or something like that. My goal is to make Turkey's adventures as easy as possible, so this is what we did instead.

It was SOOOOO much easier to just wrap a couple of washcloths around him and set him up in the shower.  I like this way better.

Turkey's letter today talked about not only should we have a clean body, but also a clean heart.
It was a simple letter, but still had such an impact on the boys!

------------------------------------------
Check out my other Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf posts to see everything that Turkey did and taught us this year!

Days 0-3
Days 4-6
Days 7-9
Days 14-17
Days 18-21
Days 22-25
Days 26-29
------------------------------------------
To download my entire Plan 2 Elf on the CHRISTmas Shelf document click here.  There are 30 different ideas here and it is complete with all the needed supplies and pictures (minus letters)!
I am happy to personalize my letters for you and your child(ren) if you like. See my Etsy listing for 25 days of Kindness Letters that correspond with this plan.  You may always add more if needed for an additional cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment