August 11, 2014

All About Me - Back to School

It's that time of year again...Back to School!  The kids are excited and mom is ready to have the house quiet again.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having my kids at home and being able to do whatever we want during the day without time limits of school and things.  We've had a great summer, but there is something about their little bodies that somehow know when it's time to get back to school...they are fighting more and more, getting on each other's nerves and frankly getting into more and more trouble at home.  IT'S TIME.  Anyway, I wanted to make sure you had a couple of important items for your Back-to-School adventures.

As you may know, my oldest son has Williams Syndrome.  It is a genetic condition and poses some interesting hurdles when it comes to school. We have several meetings throughout the year with his teachers and Principal trying to map out the BEST situation for his educational journey.  This year I decided to take a proactive approach and provide some tools for his teachers from research and others that know what works best.

I created a page to introduce my son to his teachers...an All About Me page.

Of course, the one his teachers will get has all the important information on it, including a very helpful tip sheet on the second page.

So what if your child has a special need and you want to introduce your teachers to him/her?  Or what if you just want to introduce your child to his/her teacher and there is no special needs, but just would like to use the idea?  I've created a blank file here for you to use as needed.  Enjoy!!

And don't forget to check out my post on the FREE back to school signs.  We will be using 2 of them this year! I can't believe M is starting Preschool!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment