February 14, 2013

Valentine's Deck of Love

This year for Valentine's Day I wanted to do something special and cute. I also wanted to keep costs down, and since a week long vacation to St. Andrews for a golf trip was out of the question, I came up with this idea.  I stole it from this blog and it went over very well!  He loved it and has been sitting by his nightstand ever since.  This was a BIG hit!


I just measured the cards, created a document in Word and printed it out. Then I cut out all the reasons and modge podged the reasons to the deck of cards.  This was an extra deck that we had laying around the house (we have 5 or so) so it was perfect.  Then I punched the holes in the cards and put the deck on the rings. Voila! Instant V'Day gift.  

The font I used was my own handwriting! I found this awesome website that will create your handwriting into a font that you can install on your computer! The website is: myscriptfont.com.  You can download a template and scan in your handwriting.  Very cool and FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment